Safeguarding Statement for Parents
At St. Anne's Catholic Primary school, all members of staff are fully committed to safeguarding the children within our care as well as promoting their welfare.
Duty of Care Statement September 2020
At our school, we believe that all children have the right to be treated with the same care and dignity as we would expect outside of school.
- We will listen to children.
- We will maintain best practice safeguarding policy and procedure.
- We will keep the environment safe
- We will keep children safe on line
- We will protect children from bullying
- We will try to stamp out racism
- We will ensure that only trained staff can use positive handling with children
- We will risk assess potentially harmful/ dangerous situations and activities
- We will provide basic first aid to children who have hurt themselves and let you know either by letter and/or by phone that an accident or injury has happened
- We will supervise and maintain full supervision of children who are unwell and make contact with you to let you know
- We will remind parents at all events and performances that any photographs taken are not to be shared on social media.
In our safeguarding efforts we may, on occasion, have to consult external agencies without having discussed with parents first. The school's first concern is the welfare of our children and we have a duty to protect them at all times. We take this duty very seriously. Consultations can result in a formal referral being made which might, if deemed necessary by the external agencies, trigger a visit from one of the agencies involved.
We fully understand that this can be a distressing set of circumstances but we can assure you that we fully follow the procedures set down by the Coventry Safeguarding Children's Board's policy, a copy of which is available in school should you need it.
The safeguarding polices we have in school, which are also available as paper copies upon request are as follows:
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Governor's Safeguarding Statement
Click on any of the above policies to read.