Year 5 Teaching Team
Mrs Torley (Teacher) Mrs Fisher (TA)
‘WELCOME’ from the Year 5 team! We intend to keep you well informed about all of the exciting experiences and learning that we will be encountering on our journey as we venture into Year 5.
At the bottom of this page you will find a link to a curriculum map that will inform you of some of the things that we will do in the Autumn term. There is some extra information below about Year 5.
As we begin an important school year, I would like to offer some reminders and classroom routines that will enable us to make this a positive and rewarding year.
- Please be sure to clearly mark all of your child’s belongings with his/her name for safety and quick identification.
- In Year 5 the expectation is that they read for 15 to 20 minutes. Please could you remind your child that they need to bring their book in with them everyday.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and is to be completed and returned each Wednesday. We value all comments you make in their homework book.
- Year 5 have PE on a Tuesday. The children will need to come to school wearing their PE kit on this day.
- If your child has your permission to go home with a friend/ sibling or alone, please inform us. This is to prevent confusion and ensure the safety of the children.
We look forward to working with you and your child. Together we can make a difference! You can help by sending us well-rested children with full tummies and a hug and a kiss still fresh on their minds. This sets the stage for a lovely day.
We truly value your support in making your child’s time in Year 5 not only a super year of learning, but also create memories that they will cherish. Thank you in advance for your continuing support.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if there is a question or situation you would like to discuss.
Mrs Torley and Mrs Fisher
Please click the links to see an overview of what your child will be been learning.
Autumn 2020 term curriculum click here.
Spring 2021 term curriculum click here.
Summer 2021 term curriculum click here.